Saturday 16 October 2010

A card of thanks


Well this is a card that my youngest daughter inspired me to make. She has not been very well recently and will never get better just learn to cope with her problem. We have good days and we have bad ones and on occasion really really bad ones.

For a good few months she was unable to leaves the house as her anxieties got the better of her but eventually we managed to get out and go into our local town. We managed to even get down to our busy market which ended up being a blessing. Whilst being unable to go into town a new business had opened called Enchanted Way which sells all kinds of wonderful things all on the theme of dragons and fairies as well as a few Wicca goods and such like. The young man who runs the stall has been great and really helped my daughter get back out into the world.

I decided to make a card for him as a good luck on his new adventure for his business and also as a thank you for his kindness towards my daughter. Seeing how he sells dragons and fairies I wanted to make something on that theme and seeing how I don't think he would appreciate a fairy for himself I chose to make him a card using a dragon. I hand drew this dragon using an image from a design book for inspiration and coloured it using pro makers. The background was made using big a juicy ink pads to give it a distressed look. At the moment I have not given him the card so I can not report his reaction I just hope it will be a good one.

Thanks for popping by see you again soon and happy crafting
Sarah
xxxx

No comments: