Friday 15 October 2010

I've been Spotlighted


Hi Everyone

wow I awoke this morning to a lovely surprise, Priscilla from CDAC (Crafters Digital Art Center) has spotlighted one of my cards that I created for the colour challenge over there.I feel really really honoured about this. It has really put a smile on my face.

This was a card I wanted to have a play with. In England we don't usually send cards for Halloween not yet anyway, but I loved the image so much I just had to have a play. Plus the little witch isn't a nasty one so no spiders or bugs for her I just couldn't do it. I did have some bat rings that came in a bag full of goodies from the pound shop. I decided to use those.

The card itself is just a simple easel card in the shape of an unside down triangle and matted and layered using some free backing paper that I got from a magazine ages ago. (I am on a drive to use up some of the freebies before I buy anything else and see what I can make with them.)
The rings from the goddie bags I had to chop of the ring part and add it to some acetate so they looked like they were just flying next to the card and not attached to it. Added glitter around the moon and around the matt of the image which I cut out using my nesties. Then really just had fun putting it all together and hoping that it all worked out.

Thankfully it did work out now have have this wonderful honour and a great start to a day I thought was going to be stressing. Now not letting anything get to me nope smile on my face now no matter what the day tries to throw at me.

No comments: