Friday 29 January 2010

Art Deco Birthday Card


Well What can I say I had to make a card for my dear cousin who I have just got back in touch with after a long time and who I missed very much. We used to know each other better than we knew ourselves but after 16 years it was kind of scary trying to think what to create for her as her very first birthday card from me in such a long time.


I decided nothing is more elegant that Art Deco most ladies like that style both young and old alike. Even if it's not their favourite I didn't feel like I could offend to much with it or get it to wrong.


I also decided I wanted to make something more personal so decided to draw the lady myself taking inspiration from where I could. There is a lot of Deco out their at the moment so I knew that this would not be a problem.


This card is what I came up with I drew the image and have since scanned it into my computer so that I can use it as a digital stamp at a later date. used water colour pencils to colour the image. Pearl card for the actual card and I made a chocolate box style ribbon to help embellish. Nothing to fancy but just enough to lift the card.


As you can gather as I handed over the card today I was very apprehensive would she like it or hate it. I am pleased to say that it was very well recieved and she loved it which in turn made me very happy and able to breath a sigh of relief.

No comments: