Friday 19 November 2010

Angel 'Kaela'


Hi Everyone

Well it's last minute again just like me LOL. Every week I print out everything I need to make up Faiths fabulous designs the minute I get them and then life just seems to get in the way as it does. One of these days I will be organised! NO Never happen I'm affraid we can all wish.

Well this image is another of Faiths digi stamps from Designed2delight.com I must admit though I had to add a mouth as no mouth gives me kind of the wiggins. Although it would be nice if we could remove my teenage daughters from time to time.

I also wanted to colour it using a different technique so I printed the design on plain white card twice one for the base layer and one to colour in the face using promarkers, and I also printed it out on to a couple of backing papers that I made up and then paper pieced it all together. On the base layer (1 of the white printed images) I used a quickie glue pen on the wings, halo and stars and coloured in using glitter.

Over all I am really happy with how it tuned out. My final embelishment was making a poinsettia out of the matching paper and adding a sentiment. I also made the card a slightly unusual shape to add another dimention to the overall look.

Thanks for looking people and hope you like what you see.

Hugs Sarah
xxxxx

2 comments:

Faith S. said...

This is adorable!! LOL about the mouth and your daughters! Mine is only 9, but I can still relate a bit. I can only imagine what's ahead. :)

Charlene said...

Your card is wonderful...of course the image is adorable, but I love your paper piecing, etc...and that flower is beautiful.